Technology Tuesday MS Teams
From Thomas Jenkins on February 11th, 2021
1:09 Beginning of Presentation
4:46 What is MS Teams?
8:56 Getting Started with Teams
9:59 Teams Class Demonstration
17:39 Questions and Answers 1
- Q: It seems like another Blackboard.
- Q: What if I have a combined class and I don't want two different (MS Teams) class?
- Q: How do you see teams being used differently than Canvas?
23:28 The Me Section
27:55 Questions and Answers 2
- Q: In the Fall (semester) are we required to use Canvas or Teams?
- Q: Can you (MS Teams) confirm grades?
- Q: Can students make changes to the items I put in our teams channel?
30:48 Manage My Channels
38:09 Manage My Channels - Files Tab
40:41 Questions and Answers 3
- Q: Can you share the specific collaborative elements that you like in (MS) Teams over Canvas?
44:13 Schedule a MS Teams Meeting
49:11 Adding a MS Teams Tab
50:39 Questions and Answers 4
- Q: Can you use a virtual cam (camera)?
- Q: Is there a size limit for each Team? Would Teams be a good platform to store documents for accreditation? Can we invite nonCPP participants to be part of our Team?
- Q: Can we service assignments uploads so that one student cannot see another student's work?
- Q: Is it possible to add Canvas into Teams?
- Q: Can I create my own team? For instance, I have a research lab and would like to have this option for the students in my lab.
- Q: I work at different universities. How easy is it to switch between the two? Both use Teams